The UHD 4K TV Market and Industry Survey 2014
This executive briefing provides a definition, introduction and snapshot of the rapidly emerging 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) TV industry and technology.
Produced by Rider Research, over 36 pages, it guides through current UHD TV sets, peripheral devices and content for UHD TVs. Readers will learn about:
1) Current UHD equipment and manufacturers market including STBs, net-top box players, monitors, smartphones, tablets, cameras and processors;
2) UHD TV set manufacturers with product listings, pricing including a review of trends in the US retail space (now being manifested in other countries);
3) UHD 4K TV content sources, including pricing models and new entrants for the rest of 2014 being added to the already steady flow;
4) General market trends and events in the UHD 4K space and the impact on areas such as smart TVs, video streaming, web traffic, broadband speeds and the retail space – both in-store and online.
While the rise of UHD is often compared to that of 3D TV, this report looks at not only the differences between the sets but also the whole UHD ecosystem, often supporting 3D content and involving Internet access, a mix of HDMI 2.0, HEVC and supplier “magic” and up-scaling technology to give the “best” UHD picture.
Every week, new TV sets, new prices, new content, new technologies and new hardware are being added into the UHD 4K industry mix.
As things stand, these developments will start affecting consumers in their purchase of new TV screens, content choices, peripheral equipment (like STBs and Wi-Fi routers) or suppliers of suitable broadband speeds.
Click here for an extract
Pricing for “The UHD 4K TV Market & Industry Survey 2014”
Single reader license $695
License for 2-3 readers $890
License for 4-5 readers $1,125
License for 6-10 readers $1,450
License for 11-25 readers $2,175
Click here for a downloadable order form
Or order through the following PayPal payment processing link (all major credit cards accepted):
For 26 or more readers, please call for quotation
Prices are per organization and do not include outside contractors, advertising agencies or public relations companies.
For more information, please contact Simon Thompson at +44 (0)1280 820560 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents for The UHD 4K TV Market & Industry Survey – 2014
– Scope of This Report
EXPLAINING UHD AND 4K CONFUSION
– Why is the term “4K” still used?
OPPORTUNITY AND 3DTV
– Beating the $1,000 Mark
– Is Color King?
– Why It Isn’t 3DTV
– Existing Broadband Is Good Enough for UHD
– The Digital 35mm Film
UP-CONVERSION IS ESSENTIAL TO UHD ADOPTION
THE TV MANUFACTURERS
CONTENT – WHAT’S AVAILABLE FOR UHD TVs
– Netflix Goes UHD
– Amazon’s UHD Offering
– Sony’s Native 4K-Quality Movies
– 4K Studios Is Converting 1,000 Hours
– Samsung’s Movie Library Grows
– Samsung Builds a Polish TV App
– M-GO’s OTT Service
– 3D OTT for UHD
– Demonstrating Channels
– First UHD Broadcast for Consumers
– Live UHD Content Comes to South Korea
– Sochi in UHD
– World Cup Confusion
– Recent Top Broadcasts
– YouTube Already Accepts UHD
– Adult Content in Ultra-High Definition
– Satcos Look to 2023
UHD ARRIVES ON NON-TV DEVICES
– Seiki’s Up-Converting Cable
– UHD STBs AND NET-TOP BOXES
ARRIS, Technicolor, Sony, Pioneer, Onkyo, ZTE, NanoTech
– The UHD Monitor
– ARM Processor for UHD Video
– UHD Cameras
– UHD Smartphones
THE EVOLVING UHD MARKET
– UHD TVs
– Smart TV
– Video Streaming
– Web Traffic
– Broadband Speeds
– Measuring each Country’s 4K Readiness
A UHD RETAIL CASE STUDY
– Is Sony Faltering?
COMPARISON TABLES: THE UHD TV MARKET